Tuesday, October 30, 2012

the other side




well... it's gone
b'bye
cheerio
tooddleoo
  get outta here
and
don't let the door hit you in the arse as you leave

after scary high winds that made such a noise I had to turn the TV up  (imagine)
rain that was truthfully welcome
as it came without the accompanying thunder and lightning
and most important of all
power throughout the long long day
we are on the other side of the 
super storm and still standing
others have not fared as well and my heart truly aches for them
we didn't have cable or internet when I got up so I'm still catching up with the whole story
what I have seen is devastation and mayhem
and very wet and worried people
but it seems they were as prepared as one can be
so now it's just the hard, heart breaking slog back to normal
too many too often these past two years... and still hours to go before it's over....



I tried to take pictures but there was nothing to see really



it rained.....


the leaves were blown around


and on TV this man showed us where he thought the water would go to in NYC
he was wrong
for those of you who don't know him
he is Jim Cantore
weatherman extraordinaire
able to point up lamp posts like no one else!!!!!!!

he has a reputation
it goes something like this...


if you see this man in your town
run.....
run as fast and as far away as you can
because he only shows up
(beforehand mind you)
where it will be the worst
he was a few miles off this time


meanwhile I got bored so I made a cake



notice the resemblance anyone????

Hey Dutz.....
that's the silver lining.... if the storm hadn't come.... I wouldn't have baked a cake




hopefully the sun will come out tomorrow and I will be able to switch the lights off during the day




am going to see how everyone else fared in blog land
thanks for checking in
see you soon


2 comments:

  1. I'm watching CNN right now. The storm sure has caused craziness for all sorts of reason from wind and fire to flooding and snowstorms. Glad you are well. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so relieving when everything is over & done. I see you have many leaves on the ground. That's okay, better than trees down. Sweet that your lights stayed on. I hope my hunny bun gets to come home sooner than later. That cake sure looks good....mmmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete