Friday, August 20, 2010

update on Svana....



I've heard from my "Icelandic friend"
Svana


who sent me the beautiful beads a while ago..
she has posted a few pictures from
Norway
and sent me a couple of emails.


So far it looks good!
Her children have started school
and after a few
expected problems,
they don't speak Norwegian
and very little English
and her little ones
have to ride in a car on bumpy roads
for quite a way and they aren't used to it
so one threw up the second day..
you know
kid things!!!
and they aren't used to the house yet and wake up at night
so she is a little tired....to say the least!!!
but it all seems to be working out
and settling down.
She wrote to me today to ask for a pattern for some coasters she wants to make
so she is feeling the urge to make new things for the new house!!!
and she tells me that her son LOVES the pillow I sent her
and takes it to his room to "snuggle whith it"!!!!

How sweet is that.....


yes there is one on the hook already!!!!
:)

So there you have it...... a little bit of news
from across the pond, turn left and up a little.
You know
Norway!!!

(That's why I don't sail boats)

:)

3 comments:

  1. I can see that your friend does wonderful crochet too. A lovely pillow you sent her way. Have a great weekend. :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Svana lives in a beautiful place. Thanks for the link to the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just cutest post ive seen :) thanks Marilyn you have become my best online buddy
    things have been going ok as you say ,i far from easy moving youre hole family to another country but i know we will be ok ,specially with friend like you to talk to :)
    big hugs to you my friend

    ReplyDelete