Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'm so over it....




Going outside is just awful.
It's dry and hot and sticky.
The birds and squirrels are agitated and grumpy.
The Robin can't stay out of the water for long.
He just sits or splashes the water all over
and scatches and preens his feathers.
He must have fleas or mites
that are annoying him.
The squirrels are eating anything they can find
and that isn't much.
The flowers have died rather than going through the stage of having seed heads.
Even the bees and wasps are drinking the water I put out.
No flowers, no liquid.
It hasn't rained for ages.
We've had storms around us
but we haven't had a drop.
The news from Pakistan is terrible.
Too much water there.
So much suffering
for people who have very little to begin with.
The flooding all over the planet this year is scary.
And, so to, is the lack of water.
I don't mean to be morbid and depressing
but I pay attention to Nature
and it is telling us something.
I am one of those who believe that the Planet  is going through changes
that have nothing to do with us,
and everything to do with us.
We have not looked after our Home very well
and it's too late to change things now.
Oh, I don't mean you should just throw up your hands and pollute and litter with abandon,
NO...
we should still try to do all that we can,
but Gaia has spoken
and she's pissed.
Maybe it's menopause
and hot flashes
and sweats
that are causing the imbalance!!!
I know when I have a hot flash
and I do.....
I like to douse myself in water.

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment