Sunday, August 28, 2011

goodbye Irene goodbye...

it came in like this
clouds and gusts of wind



it did this
 down south right outside the house we stay in
that's the pier I took so many photos of last year
and will again this year
!!!!
It was bad in North Carolina and on the coast of Virginia
five people were killed yesterday
the total today is eleven
so I won't make jokes about this storm
I just feel like we spent the whole day waiting for something to happen
and that made it frustrating
the forecasters and weathermen on TV get dramatic and over excited
and that's exhausting when all you want to know is where is the storm
what's it doing and is it coming to my house


(two above photos from the net)



in our case the answer was
no



look we had a branch fall down
:o
!


and some leaves  too


look at the pretty "moss" growing way up there in the trees!!!


and a couple of acorns got knocked down too



I really don't want to talk about it
I don't care about tidal surges anymore
or which way the figgin wind is blowing from
or if the radar shows it better or worse than pictures
don't care what stupid hat the stupid reporter is wearing while they get blown across the beach
or hit by flying debris standing in the intersection of two roads right beside a very full dumpster
if I never hear the name
 IRENE
again
it will be too soon
if your name is Irene don't come near me!!!!!!!

:}

I know they had to clear the coast and get everyone out of harms way
of course they did
I don't have a problem with that
and it really doesn't matter if I do or not
it's the constant build up of nothingness
today it's the
well it coulda done this that or the other
it didn't
and that's what we should be grateful for
and yes I
 did switch it off

soooo much hot air
and it wasn't from the
hurricane
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





this is what it left behind
heat and humidity
just as it was before it came

:}

thank you all for checking in all day long
I saw them all this morning and it made me smile

:}


7 comments:

  1. glad youre ok

    not sure if we got some leftovers from that storm ,its been raining like hell here today and yesterday and really windy to

    so sad to read about those who lost there lives in the storm :(

    :) love from Norway (Iceland)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear all is well. I have been thinking about you and how you are doing so to get a blog post is great stuff indeed - I know you are there!!

    So very sad indeed that lives were lost but let's hope that Irene now buggers off and gets lost somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle or summat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the update, and for your very beautiful pictures. Mia S

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you are OK. I have to call my family as they all live in the Baltimore area. cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. can i still stay in touch if it is not my first name ?!!!!!
    i've been thinking about you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's incredable that that hurricane passed you by. I am so happy it did. These are so unpredicable. It's horrible that that storm took lives. I pray for their families.

    ReplyDelete
  7. bienzfive@yahoo.comAugust 31, 2011 12:48 PM

    so happy it passed you by....we've been without power since Sunday. What a mess _ _ _ _ _ left behind~ nice way to screw up the last vacation of summer! Yup i'm crouchy, sorry. my, fauly, i thought it was all just a bunch of hipe so i wasn't prepated at all!! Wishing you Cooler days ahead M. xo

    ReplyDelete