Wednesday, January 12, 2011

up close and personal...


I wrote a long post about the goings on here at the moment
and got myself all fired up and very very verbose
as is my way
and thank goodness
for you!!!
the cat came in and insisted that she needed to be fed
and fed
NOW....
so I got up and fed her majesty
and while I was in the kitchen
I made myself a cup of tea
the lake is frozen in spots
and there are a lot of ducks and geese on it
all afternoon flocks of them have been flying in
and each time they do I grab the camera and
miss the whole flight in and landing on the ice
they are very loud and sound so mournful
I have lamented to the hubs on many an occasion
how I would love to catch them in flight
and he says
you will
one day
well people's
today was the day

I hurried outside while looking to put the camera on some sort of zoom lens
and found something called digital zoom and just clicked it

tea forgotten
no shoes or coat
off I flew
and saw the one we call
HONKER
next door
he hissed a hello
and I told him not to be so rude
and walked down to the back

how he got there so fast I don't know
but there he is with his mate/friend/sibling
and the
Canada Geese too
then I heard the noise above
and there they were


over my head
and do they move fast
honking honking honking
always
egging each other on
supporting the group to make it down for the night
where they will be safe and able to rest
until they have to move on


the sun is setting
and it is so pretty


I love it at this time of day
with the sky mirrored in the water

Honker wanted to know what I was doing
so close and personal


and then he just ignored me
they are eating the grass and maybe some bugs in the leaf litter

this lot look a little lost and forlorn
and maybe their feet are cold
I know mine were

but I tried my best for you
to get a little closer
and show you
my little creatures on the lake
I am still fired up and so fed up with human behaviour
but
as always
my little sweet ones 
 make me smile and feel better
I'll put a few more up in another post
these took an age to load

so there you are

peace and community
working
even if for just a  little while

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your email yesterday - I'm glad I made you laugh! Those photos were really crapadeedoodah weren't they but I really couldn't be bothered to retake them!

    This out of sorts feeling is certainly getting its' way across the land of blog. I feel the same myself and have quite a few times this week hovered over the delete blog button. Is it really worth bothering with it sometimes I ask myself? I feel a bit like I have run my course with the whole thing sometimes. Maybe a bit of self reflection is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, you are so lucky to have such views, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love moments like that. And what a beautiful view you have. I just get to look out and see other houses, very close to mine. No nature where we live now. But thanks to you I have to go grab a cup of tea. That will definitely help make things better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mystery is solved! I had to check out the translation after reading your comment, and oh my! I laughed so hard!!! I've been thinking about adding an english translation for a while, since I suspected the translator would mess things up... Now I have decided. It will take me some more time, but now my english speaking readers can get my point! So if you go back now, I think you will understand who is the mother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marilyn, I'm glad to see you didn't stay away for long. Great pictures! Always nice when you get that just right shot. Those poor geese. The weather really is crazy. I can't believe it snowed in the south and has actually stayed on the ground. I grew up in the south all my life and we never had that. We were lucky to get a few flurries and that was excitement enough for us. I hope you are being a bit more productive than me. I haven't crocheted or crafted a thing in the past two weeks. Hubby is away on a business trip so I always think I'll get things done when he is away but it just never seems to happen. The weekend has just begun, so maybe, just maybe I can accomplish a little something. Take care! Stay warm. xxx Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried a break but it lasted only a week. Just do what you have to.

    ReplyDelete