Sunday, January 23, 2011

a post about nothing!!



It's Sunday
again
where does time go?
I had nothing to show you so I took a few
shots of what is around me
my little treasures that are here
because they weren't taken to the charity shop
or given away
or
thrown out.

I don't know if you heard that on Friday
one of the biggest round ups of
"the organisation
that doesn't exist"
(you know the goombas and the ones with the broken noses)
was done in New York and New Joisey
well, don't tell them
but they missed one!!!!!

:) :) :)

the one with the perfect smile
is dreaming of Skye
my sister went to Skye
 a friend went to Paris
and brought me the magnet!!!

the lady of shallot
on a lampshade
I have dreams of getting a boat
fru-fruing it up
and
going for a float on the lake
d'ja think the geese would mind!!!!??



this is a rubbing my nephew made me one year when he and the sister went to England
it is one of my most favorite things
ever!!



It is even colder today than it was yesterday
but I am not complaining
not when others have it so much worse

I did a little travelling in blog land this morning and I think the
funk that was hovering over so many
has lifted a little
a feeling of being grateful and appreciative is taking hold
bloggers who were thinking of closing up shop and leaving
have had a change of heart and are going to continue
so it wasn't a depressing surf through the net today
it's getting better
and everyone is feeling it
well I hope they are

I have always been one of those annoying people who truly find the little things to be the ones that count.

Maybe it's because I have always loved little things
like a brass rubbing from a little boy who remembered
 I had asked him to do
if he could!

:}

5 comments:

  1. That first little guy is so funny. Did someone make him? I remember those rubbing artworks. So nice that your nephew made one for you. Stay warm and cozy inside. I am off to bed now. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're soo right my lovely tis the little thing's that makes the heart flutter have a fabulous week, love Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning :-)

    Lovely picture, the one with the woman in the boat.
    I also can see lovely knitting-pictures...as You saw I am also trying to do some knitting ;*)

    Wish You a fine day ~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rubbing - it looks almost as though it was done many a yesteryear ago! The desired effect was certainly acheived IMO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely memories! Surprised to see you sheltering a Goomba!! Looks as though he has got into the works on your blog and messed up the picture poster!
    My neighbour upsticks and moved to a croft on Skye. Never been more than an hour from London before. She loves the views, but not the midges in Spring and getting frozen in in winter. I am hoping to get to see her one day. I'll send you a post card! I wouldn't mind getting to Paris too one day. It's actually a lot nearer than Skye!
    My Mum used to recite The Lady of Shallot to me (with many other poems). She knew them all by heart. Kept me amused over many a long car journey. I used to ask for the bit where she said 'the curse is come upon me' She said it with such expression!!
    I'm sure the geese would welcome a new fru-frued you!!! (Thank you for these two lovely new words for my vocabulary; fru-frue and Goomba!! My words for today)! M.S.

    ReplyDelete