Tuesday, January 25, 2011

how not to do it!!!

"it"
 "is"!!!

I did it!

it's bad
:{
for a first it isn't as bad as it could be
but it's still not good

alas
I said I would show it
and
I am
showing it

I can see all the puckers and bumps and lumps
and a very obvious badly done join or carry
it isn't
blocked
and I'm not 100% sure how to do that
but I'll look it up and see if that helps
I haven't got a clue what to do with it
if anything

I think this is one of those things that you have to learn
as a child
at the knee of a professional
.
teacher
.
grandmother
.
mother
.
aunt
.
or a really nice neighbour
....

I did learn a couple of things

how to carry the yarn across the row
how to use the bobbins

how to swear
and have a hissy fit every 10 mins or so
as you look back over the row you just did and discover two mistakes
or threeeeeee

learning to take your time
it isn't a contest
well it is
against yourself
and it isn't a big deal
coz it's a practice piece

(I am very hard on myself and always think I should get it the first time
and having looked at the example in the book
I'm actually not that far off)

!!

and when the hubs keeps asking
what's it going to be
:P
learn to smile sweetly
and
not answer!!!!!


Now an explanation of what happened to this page yesterday
I decided it was time to change the
header photo
as you all know I am wont to do
I loaded a new one
and it came out tiny
I then went into the
templates
and discovered that
Blogger
has given us new fonts
and
as I am wont to do
I started playing
and got totally lost in all the
newness
I never go to the help page or the blogger updates
so I had no idea there was a problem reported with the
header uploads
so I had to leave it as it was

I have now changed it back
and the header is working once again
so
thank you
blogger
I'll check in with you once in a while
but I may go back and change the
posting font again
I like the one
that looks like I
wrote it by hand

well
after I figure out how to block the block

see ya

:)


8 comments:

  1. I found the new fonts too - very nice that they are as well - it's about time Blogger offered a little more variety on the font front.

    I'm not too hot at intarsia knitting either - I always twist my yarn far too tight at the back for fear of having holes and I end up with a puckered mess. Practice makes perfect I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should be very proud of it, its great and I don't think I would have the patience and you have increased your vocabulary too, excellent : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks beautiful! I still think you must be a perfectionist! Hubs often looks across at me and asks what it's going to be... last week it was an eye ball (for a rrog). yesterday I was knitting an apple tree! M.S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is not bad at all! I have never tried intarsia, but it still looks really good to me. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks very good ,i love to knitt but you know that ,one litle mistake can get you grrrr couse youre the one that see´s it haha

    keep it coming ,like you knitting

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's fabulous, i know where you're coming from though it's frustrating stuff, take it easy my lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! You are terribly clever!
    I love the new header too!
    Well done hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marilyn, please tell me that the geese really don't get frozen in place. :/

    I love what you made. It looks absolutely fabulous. I mean, come on -- you can actually tell what it is. Doesn't look lumpy and bumpy to me.

    I'm off to bed now. Best wishes for the rest of your day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete