Thursday, January 6, 2011

knitting book

First of all
let me be a bad craftsman
.....
the light in this room is rubbish
so these are not the best


now that the excuses are over

ladies and gentlemen
LOOK
at
THIS
!!!!!
THIS one I like!!!

this is pretty photo heavy...
but I wanted you to see.....


If you don't knit
don't want to learn
don't care
move on baby

coz this is for
knitters

of all kinds

and patterns

and colours

wrinkled

puckered

or not

something for the babes

and the Babes!!!

loops and holes

bobbles and braids

that corkscrew block  has the stitch I have been hunting down for a week or two
the mosaic or slipped stitch
and there it is

and then
there is this
:{   :]

I told you
something for everyone!!!!

If you can knit
even a little bit
you will get something from this book
it starts out with simple plain blocks
and works its way up to the above Creation!!!
:{
I have looked through it at least once a day since it arrived
and I have tried a few of the patterns
it is well written
and is pretty clear and easy to follow
I LOVE IT
 I just have to decide how to use it and make something
if you knit and need a new book
this is a good one
I paid for this one
and was happy to do so!!!!!!

OOPPss
I meant to add this link
with a few more pictures
and even a pattern or two to practice on!!

:}

9 comments:

  1. I'm just a basic knitter but this IS a lovely book. I love the bag and also the block with the black and white birdie - some very skilled knitting going on in that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely book and I do especially love the bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks very tempting !
    I guess even if I've been kntting since 2009 only, so brand new in the scale of a lifetime, i can say I'm a knitter... and I'm drooling at all this ! (LOL at the bag !!) the textures are just incredible and once again this is a beautiful reminder to one of my 2011 projects : try/learn fair isle knitting
    thank you for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for introducing me to Nicky Epstein! I immediately looked through our local library catalogue, and while they don't have this book they have several others. 'Knitting Embelishments' looks quite interesting. Mia S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely ~~~
    I can knit just a little, but...maybe I will try some more ;*)

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. What are the toys like? Mia

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.P.S. Ohhh, I just saw them in your link to the book. They are gorgeous!!! I knew they would be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...there's stuff in there I've never seen before!! That might test my skill levels out :)

    PS...so glad that theroomontheleft has become a place of 'inspiration'. I've been wondering whether to metnion it or not!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a book!!!! Looks like so much fun. Let me say it in plain swedish - ojojoj! :)

    ReplyDelete