Wednesday, January 5, 2011

review.....

Ruth Marie
asked me my opinion of the book I showed in the last post
as I said I was a little
disappointed in it
I saw the front cover and thought it would be more
me
than it is
This is MY opinion
and I have absolutely no reason to tell anyone
not
to buy it
but for me
UH HUH
or however you spell it
!!!!
:) :) :)
All the designers may be masters of their craft
but I don't like any of the projects
I will never do this
and you can't make me!!

hair pin lace
wrap around
goes so well with what she's wearing don't you think?!!

looks like the '60's and '70's are coming back
I don't want them to if we have to look like this!



there was this bead crochet

but they chose to offer this
example
crystals and a pink jumper 
seems she forgot her other sleeve
or ran out of yarn
and just tied it all together

 this is so '50's
it's for bullion stitch
and it looks like
MY
grandmothers
so beyond vintage
it's out
!!!

Irish lace
never can go wrong with this and I'll read through it
maybe learn something

this is the only thing that has my attention
it is done with 6 strand embroidery floss
of which I have none
it's overlay crochet.

I LOVE the knitting book I got
just so you don't think I'm a
gloomy gus who hates everything


Ruth
Your taste is different from mine
so you may love the book
I know I can probably learn something from it
there is Bruges Lace
and
Fillet
and wire crochet
and a few other things
....
if you lived closer I'd let you borrow it
really I would
I showed it to the hubs and he just looked at it
no expression
nothing
when pushed
he said
well
it's not you!!!
so I consider this the free one
because I wouldn't buy it if I had been able to see inside
and I did try
sorry
I wish I could be more enthusiastic about it
and as I said you may love it

don't know!


does this make me look fat
you know a chunky cabled wrap around sweater
............................

:{

4 comments:

  1. OMG! That book is not good is it?! Were the crocheters blind that made those items?!

    Thank you so much for showing photos as I really didn't like anything that you showed also (although I liked the cushion too)

    I don't think I will be purchasing (can you send yours back at all ;) ?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an excellent comprehensive review! I think I would prefer the cushion with an 8 petalled flower shape in the centre instead of a four paned window. Mia S

    ReplyDelete
  3. honestly is always best.
    there are also some books i would have not bought if i had been able to see inside.
    for example i was SO disappointed one was put together by a popular blogger and at that time i felt so sorry people might think i'm a hateful jealous person if I'd say what i really think, so i shut up ! haha

    however i like the last sweater (if it was knitted in a thinner yarn) this shape is usually flattering for my... curves :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a disappointment for you! Bet you really looked forward to having that book, and then... nothing fun at all. :( Good thing though, that you didn't pay for it. And that you recieved the other book at the same time, so you can dream away in that one! :)

    ReplyDelete