Sunday, January 30, 2011

sunday scenes


the snow and ice are slowly melting
this was Friday as the snow fell on top of what we already had


Today the paper whites have finally started to open


they are so very welcome




and there are a few more to come


While the world changes
for the better we all hope
the animals still need to eat and make it through yet another day 
with a cold and snowy ground



they line up in the trees




and wait their turn




always on the look out

but finally able to pick and choose what they want

I am busy making X's on graph paper
while I listen to the chants for freedom
as I try to make designs to knit
the hardest thing is to choose the colours
but I have begun and hopefully
I'll have a something or other to show soon

thank you all for the comments
of late
it helps so much to get encouragement
to keep going and trying

;)

don't have a plan in the old head
just seeing what can be achieved
I did think maybe a tiny bag of some sort to start with


hope you are all well and happy
I am!!

:)

3 comments:

  1. We were lucky this time no snow. Yesterday it was 62 today supose to be 65. Like a beautiful Spring day, sunny both days. Chance of snow later in the week. Don't you love watching the birds and squirrels eating. The blue jays always on the look out. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilyn! Wow! Your photos are absolutely amazingly gorgeous! and I like the new font you are using. Our Business Manager is Egyptian and so worried about her daughter and grandson who are stuck there right now. All of her family lives there, but her daughter is only visiting and can't get out because roads are closed. I do hope they get the change they are seeking. My husband says enough is enough and it is time for change. Wishing you all the best. I'm off to bed. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a pretty bird! Never seen one before, rather sure we don't have that kind in Sweden. And your squirrels look different too, but them I have seen before. Think they're so cute! Looking forward to see what your working on. You're doing it so much better than me... Thanks for your tip, by the way. I'm already doing like that, but it doesn't turn out so good anyway. :/ But practice makes perfect, right?

    ReplyDelete