Saturday, November 13, 2010

finished ......





I forgot to show you the two scarves
i finished
finally
!!!




one for him


one for me?
I made up the pattern
 if you can call it that
bobbles at the beginning of each row
and along the last cast off row


mine is alpaca/ wool
 found at Michael's
debby stoller
ruby
I think with wear it will soften up a little
or maybe a good wash and fabric softener
but it is warm
too warm for today
it's so beautiful outside


his is
"loops and threads"
"impeccable"
which is a Michael's brand I think
not very nice
rather rough and itchy
!!!
don't like it at all
don't recommend it
unless you like
rough and itchy


so I'm off back outside
to sit
 and
sit
!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Marilyn, yikes! I haven't been over here in a while. The days just seem to get away from me lately. We are on a 9-day holiday now for Eid Al Adha. If I didn't have to clean and organize, I would have more free time. :/ My husband LOVES to buy stuff, but getting him to follow through with putting anything together might take time, so I figured I might as well do it myself. First time to do something like that. I HATE following directions. But it worked out! :)

    Love your scarves, even if they are scritchy scratchy.

    Don't let the geese get ya! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marilyn
    If you send me an email I can send you the pattern of the Mary Olkis shawl. I don´t wna´t to put it on my blog for all to see. Becouse my friend had payed for the pattern.
    Hugs
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scarves look fantastic! Great job...I love your PINK/RED scarf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The one for him... how thoughtful of you to make it the colours of Latvian flag!
    Love it!
    xxx
    PS Congratulations to your husband on the 18th of November!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, he knows! 18th of November is the Independence Day! There is nothing more important to Latvians than this date and our Independence!

    ReplyDelete