Tuesday, October 12, 2010

La Mer

also known as the sea!!!!
is as calm as a mill pond on a windless day.
I am having a wonderful time and I wish you were here.
Well, not ALL of you,
the house isn't big enough,
but I wish SOME of you were here.
"Here"
is the
Outer Banks
North Carolina.
A stretch of sandy islands
that were home to buccaneers and pirates
shipwrecks and landings
by anyone and everyone
who ventured near the coast.
It is an area full of
history
mystery
folk lore
and
legends.
I don't know how many miles long they are
but they jut out into the Ocean
and each island has its own lighthouse.
Hatteras being the most famous.
If you want to know more
look it up..... :) :) :)

Anyway....

I am a year older
than I was the last time I wrote.
It was my birthday yesterday.
I am an old lady now,
no denying it
no pretending
no big deal
it doesn't quite compute
as I don't feel a day over 12
mentally that is
the rest is just gravity.
I had a wonderful day
hunting down the bead shops and yarn shops
walking around the charming little town of Manteo
taking photos and drinking coffee and just being
I get more pleasure out of the fact that my sister
gets to just be
she doesn't have to answer phones
solve problems, there are no demands on her
other than to kick back and just chill!!!
If you knew my sister
you would know just how funny
THAT
is.



I started the day arse up camera down on the beach
as the sun rose over the ocean
taking pictures of the reflections
I had a little model who insisted on being part of the show





as the sun god
Ra
rose over the sea
he looked and asked
how's it feel to be
as old as you

I answered him
I'll never be
as old as thee!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. I wish you the happiest of belated birthday wishes !!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwaaaa! Too funny and I love it. The ocean is my serenity! It is the most majestic and beautiful element on earth to me. Enjoy your stay. Hugs. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday M!
    What a wonderful way you are spending your birthday-much deserved.
    XO
    Andi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! I wish I was there too. Happy Happy Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy happy happy birthday sweety ,hope you had a wondeful day and what awesome pic´s you got love them
    Love Svana

    ReplyDelete
  6. you and me have the birthday on the same day!!! Happy Birthday my dear!!! It looks you had a wonderful day, these photos of the sea are so soothing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures and a very happy birthday to you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marilyn, Happy Belated Birthday. Glad to hear you are having such a fabulous time with your sister. I just love your new header. That little bird toodling along is just the cutest thing ever. Enjoy every minute. Loved your parting poem in the previous post. Best wishes, Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete