Saturday, October 23, 2010

holy cow





is it cold outside!!!!!
I woke up before the dawn
again
way before dawn
do you know how dark it is at 5.30 am?
and how long it takes for the sun to come up?


as I was making my second cup of
wake me up
I glanced out of the window and saw the mist rising on the lake
so
I jumped into my clothes
no jammies outside these parts


and
with coffee in hand
no socks or shoes or jacket
slippers....open toed!!!
I went as close as I can
that No Trespassing sign
stops me in my tracks every time
grrr!!!
and the neighbour is home at this time of day!!!
:{

and took these
there were some ducks floating
on what must be warm water
or the mist wouldn't be rising

:}

the other neighbours dock
and the trees starting to colour on the other side

they are swimming round in circles
to keep warm
???

the sun was beginning to light the tops of the trees on the other side of the road


and I ran back inside
coz it's freaking cold out there
!!!!!


I'll stay here for a while and enjoy the warmth



I have a TAAAAAA DAAAAAAAAA
to show you
the sister's scarf is done and dusted
it is complete
finished
no more wip



I put little fru frus on the ends
Gee I hope she likes it!!!!!
Now to find something else to keep me occupied
and out of trouble
off to browse through my new books
YUMMM!!!!

:}

3 comments:

  1. Some incredibly stunning photos! I particularly like the one that heads your blog today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm, that's a mighty fine scarf. And as for those shots with the mist rising ... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the photos, i love the scarf, i love your white china, and I love the people who say "holy cow" (all the people i heard saying that were very nice people -- so it makes me smiile now when i hear this !)

    ReplyDelete