Saturday, July 23, 2011

it's hot



it is 99 degrees F outside
it feels like
133 degrees F
they say it will go to 103 F
what will it feel like then
all I did was walk to the mail box
I will not be going back there for a while
I do not like the heat
 don't know how the people who have to be out there do it
it's too darn hot

when I was quite a small girl
we went on a trip somewhere
and we stopped off in
Wadi Halfa
which is in the Sudan

here


(from Bing)
my sister says this might be the hotel we stayed in!!!

I think we were on our way to catch a boat for a trip somewhere else
I remember like it was yesterday
(the heat, not the trip
we were quite the travellers then and I don't remember them all!!!)
driving through the sand
 seeing the ships in the canal
looking like they were floating in the desert


and it being hot
so hot I remember it!!!
the hotel we spent the night in had a fan
in the foyer that turned very very slowly
and I remember wondering why it turned so slowly
what good did it do
my mother insisted we take a bath
a cold bath to wash the dust and the trip off us before we went to bed
the cold water
was hot
very hot
and the sheets
were too
needless to say
no one got much sleep that night
and me being me
I probably cried the whole time
my sister also remembers going to Mombasa
which is on the coast of East Africa
and we went there on vacations
and it also being hot
and she would tease me at night by telling me that the lizards
that crawl all over the walls
and ceilings


were known to have heart attacks
and fall
onto little girls who were asleep
with their mouths open
nice
HUH!!
she always scared the holy crap out of me just before sleep
always
aren't big sisters just the best

:p



the birds are panting and the squirrels are lying spread eagle on the grass in the shade
husband just came in from changing the water dishes
and told me this
it's too darn hot

I''ll go now
it's time for a cup of tea






mad men can live anywhere
in any country
they do the most horrendous things
and no one is immune from the madness
sad but true
and it isn't always who we think it is
it isn't always the scary dark man in the shadows
sometimes it's one of our own
and that is what shocks us most
my heart breaks for the families of the lost
and I hope the survivours find peace
.............................





4 comments:

  1. I stopped by your blog today.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are getting rain every day here down south in south belle country. It's still hot inbetween showers. I heard it raining early this morning around 4:am. Pouring actually. You were so lucky to go on vacations and such exotic places. My father wasn't keen on vacations, so I can only remember one, going to Pensacola Beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of you today as I was watching the news. I saw that you and many others are having a heat wave. Stay inside love and eat lots of ice cream! That is really the only way. At least here in AZ were are used to the heat, but we do not have the humidity, so I feel for you. Take care of yourself and make sure hubby does do any yarn work! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubby did not walk last nite because he said the nite before he felt like he was boiling. He said he thought it was 100 C and not 50 C. :/

    When we were in Chitwan at the jungle safari, we stayed in a lodge where there was only a fan and lots of critters running around. Hubby had to take care of 3 salamanders before I would even get into bed. I laid on my back, glasses on, bedside lamp on, straight as a board and don't think I slept much at all because I was worried about what would be creeping around.
    Last week, I found two tiny lizards in our bedroom. One I rescued (after lots of squealing on my part) and one I think Jingles got to as it had no tail and was belly up.

    We have unlimited hot water here since the water tanks are kept on the roofs. But I don't like cold showers. Most of the time we have dry heat; but when it is humid, it is even more miserable.

    Mad men are everywhere. Just awful what happened in Norway. Why would anyone do such a thing? Senseless.

    So the pillow you made, did you use cotton thread? I am using a thin cotton, not acrylic, but have never worked with the really thing cotton. I did try many years ago and found it too fiddly. Who knows, I might be able to now, but my fingers aren't as slim and nimble as they used to be. :(

    Have a great day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete