Thursday, May 20, 2010

They're ba--ack





The birds on the water
have been absent
for quite awhile
but

today I saw two Geese
Canada Geese
not Canadian tho' !!!




and a rather large Heron.
Two seconds after I snapped this
he took off
and
didn't come back!!!
It's very hard to
take a photo
of birds.
They move too fast
or hide
in places
 where you can't
get a good shot

 
 
 
 
 
 
See her there in the middle ?
I think she was waiting to fly into her nest
which is in the dayglo green bush
underneath
this tree.
Have no idea who she is...
but she's there
so I took her a picture!!!!!
The sun is shining today
and it will get warm
this afternoon,
maybe close to
80F
it was
 63F
yesterday
and the rain we got
did
some good
Byeeeeee
off to finish
that
fiddly thing....



1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pictures, I love herons, they look så handsome :-)
    I live just 20 meters from a Nature reserve where a lot of different birds can be seen. I have seen herons there, but also a lot of birds that I don´t know the names of.

    Have a nice day!
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete