Monday, January 9, 2012

slow and steady




one stitch at a time!!!
one column after another
the new wip keeps going
I don't like the yarn I chose to use
but we'll see when I'm done





the little no longer needed bag
has been stuffed with tissues
and put in the hand bag
so it is no longer
useless or unwanted




I even looked for buttons for it
the one above was given to me by a friend who bought these in
Alaska
they are made of bone
I don't know whose bone
but maybe a deer or an elk or a buff   they don't have buffalo in Alaska
so maybe a moose-es!
well they didn't look like they belonged so I dug a little deeper in the
button box
and found these


amber-ish glass rounds ... perfectly sized to go through the holes in the cable stitch
so that's done!!!

the  weather this weekend was fantastic
warm and sunny
and
Springlike
actually it felt
weird
it's too warm and it doesn't feel right
the geese are coming in by the gaggle
and leaving again
they seem agitated
unsettled
confused
probably know something we don't


(this was taken at a time after they had left!!!)
just in case you are scanning for geese)

(that's a contrail... obviously left by a plane flying over just before I took this
it isn't goose gas!!!!)


what
 I know
is that last night
Downton Abbey
started again
second season is here
I waited all day long like a child waiting for
Christmas
and when it started
I didn't want it to ever stop!!!!
even with all the horror of another war story to be told
but it's just
fantabulously fabtasticly
glorious
to have it back

:) :) :)

so don't call me or come by on Sunday nights for a while!!!!
just let me be
on the couch
with
all of them in that
amazing house



:)  :) :) :) :) :) :)
!!!!!!






so... while I waited for them all to come back
I worked on the wip a bit more
and
 after one disaster that I wasn't sure I would be able to remidy
I got back to working on the
columns
and
dropped
 stitches


lots and lots of
dropped stitches

:) :)


edit...
 it is now snowing!!
just a little bit
but
it's snowing!!!!

6 comments:

  1. That is one amazing piece of knitting! Fascinating... And I promise not to drop by on a Sunday... :) Wish I could drop by some other day though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be a very forgiving pattern. You can't see dropped stitches. Great work.
    I haven't got into Downton Abbey but it's popular here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the snow is just right! Not too little, not too much, and goes as soon as you have had enough!
    P'raps that's what the geese were sensing. Mia S

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful color (wip)
    Pattern looks very complicated to me :'} It's snowing!!!!!!!!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love Downton Abbey. I didn't fancy it when it first came on telly here but they repeated the whole first series over Christmas week last year and I got completely hooked! I wonder when you will get to see the Christmas special that was on last month?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're well into Downton Abbey 2nd season--one of the very few shows I follow on TV (well... along with Grey's Anatomy and Criminal Minds, but I have to admit I'm a bit tired of all the killing!) Promise not to disclose what's happening but I'm totally with you, I love that show! And I record it to make sure I don't miss any ;)
    Your work is fantastic, what is it?!?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete