Tuesday, January 31, 2012

have a good laugh...


at this
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



holy crap look at these!!!!
I was looking for something else and bumped into this lot
polymer clay days
beads and bracelets and dangley bits
OH MY!!!
seems I was learning how to make
swirls and feathers and jungle type things
I do remember a friend asking me to make her sister,
who lives in the Yucatan,
some jewels with a jungle theme
well that's what I understood she wanted
her English is no'so goot
and she did like what I made and actually wore it a lot
 but I don't  really know why I still have these
I do also remember learning how to make the feathers
that was fun and interesting
but
like so many things
it sits in a drawer now




this is what I was wanting to do the other day so I did
a tiny hexagon
double knitted
and



done on three needles
:) :) :)
well, not quite like that!!!!
:) :) :)




so  I practiced on bigger yarn and bigger needles
and I made one
well two if you count the little one too
it's so nice to know I have learnt something over all this time
double knitted
shaping
making a smooth edge that way
neat stuff





 and in between times
doodling on the cover of a small canvas so as not to mess the canvas up
may just put that on the canvas now I see how it looks




so that's all the crazy there is today

the temperature is going up into the
hi 60's
it may break the records
again
they say it may go as high as 68F

61 F is
16 C

spring like
and in 48 hrs it will be
48F

crazy



5 comments:

  1. Did you make all those clay pieces? I think they are pretty cool. You certainly are multi-talented! I've been cooking up a storm this week but no crafting at all. One more day of school and then a three day weekend and then I am gonna get to crocheting. Our weather forecast says it was 60 today but with the drizzly rain and clouds and wind, it sure felt colder. I'm off to bed as the wind hows. Goodnite! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jewellery looks quite intricate. Fancy making all those lovely things and forgetting that you've done it! Love the knitted hexagon, and the feathers too! We had a sprinkling of snow today. My hands were cold through my sheepskin gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those beads and jewelry are gorgeous! I love them, especially the dragonfly pendant :)
    It's cold here. This morning when I woke up it was -1ºC here (about 30ºF). That's... cold!!! Then during the day it gets as high as 57. Quite the spread!!! No wonder so many people got colds. But for the weekend we're getting the cold front from northern Europe and temps down below freezing. Hopefully some rain too (I want snowwwwwwwwwww!!!)
    xxx
    (and Baby Bunny will have to wait til the weekend...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous! I so want to learn how to knit to do just this! I've seen this design just lately and I just love it. Those puffy little octagons just thrill my heart! There is a group on Flickr that I just looked at today! Oh Oh Oh I want to learn so badly :'{

    ReplyDelete
  5. Starting to think it would be great fun to dig through your drawers! Is there something you haven't tried making? ;) What are you making with the hexagon?

    ReplyDelete