Sunday, January 22, 2012

another day...



You "guys"
you're so sweet and such a cherry bunch to have around
a girl can't be bored or blue with you
comments and messages and e mails
pictures to look at
photos pinned to your boards
 or just a sweet word

thank you
I not bored no more
:)x


it's still cold and grey and gloomy


(that is now all ice and crispy crunchy)

but it's a new cold grey and gloomy
so we'll make the best of it
and just enjoy the
feel of it all
don't have to cook today as I did it yesterday and the day before
so it's leftovers
or you're on your own
I like it when I don't have to cook!!!
and then other days it's all I want to do
 cook everything in sight
do you do that?




I have given up on the wip
the knitted one
the yarn is just horrible so I'm going to start it with another yarn
plus
and this is
the most important thing
I won't have enough to make it worth the frustration
it will be too small to be of any good
so we'll put it down to
that was a practice one
OK???
no griping about it
practice makes
perfect
.................
yes it does!!



so I've dragged the bins into the living room
brought out the note books
that have notes
or
I can doodle in



will fire up the kettle in a while
and work on the
hooked wip
it's slowly growing in length
and it's still keeping me happy!
(phew!  she said, no griping about this one)


but my new love keeps rearing it's pretty little head and calling to me
the
houndstooth design
I found one to copy
and copy I shall





here is a swatch I made 'coz
 I couldn't not made it
if you know what I mean
so...
it's time to go and do something constructive and then settle down
ignore the gloom outside
and get stuck in
to
either
or
and tonight is
Downton Abbey
so all is well with the
world
here at the
roomontheleft
hope it's the same in yours

stay safe and warm
and thanks for
cheering me up

and just a note...
the colour in last night's photo
was as it appeared
I didn't change anything
it was as they say
SOOC
(straight out of the camera)
I waited a bit too long to take it
but imagine it even more rosy
incredible what the light and air do
:o!


the above photos were taken on the phone
a little bit of adjusting was done

:)














7 comments:

  1. So glad you don't have the blues anymore. We are always right here to pick up your chin & pinch those cheeks rosey. Even though it's cold out where you are, the hooks & needles will always be there waiting for you to caress & create some love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that blanket. Such beautiful colours, and you are getting really good with that phone camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... Just realised the wip was that beautiful amazing blue holey whatit! What a shame. Is is still on the needles? Could it be made striped or two tone if there's not enough yarn?? Looked like it could make a good hammock too!
    I'm exactly the same about cooking, only now I like to ignore it more often, and "cook up a storm" much less! It gets eaten so quickly, and all that hard work gone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding me?!...Downton Abbey? Oh, my! Just my favorite-nobody-talk-to-me-when-it-is-on-show. Ever!

    Love it and love the perfect atmosphere you create when settling down w/ hook or needles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Downton abbey and some crochet loveliness - perfect for those gloomy weather days. Your WIP's are looking gorgeous! Love the colours you are using and the houndstooth pattern - oh my!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would you mind me asking what is the pattern you are using on the rainbow colored one (zig zag)? I am new to crocheting and knitting and this is lovely. I would love to try this pattern. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is the pattern on the rainbow colored photo (looks like a zigzag)? I am new to knitting and crocheting and would love to try this! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete