another week's end...
another doily on the block
one I started
and forgot to pin or bookmark or save
so I lost the pattern
such a twit!!!
:) :) :) xxx
one that sounded familiar
a memory of times gone by
when I used to bake for the kids and the weekend
Thursday and Friday were bake day
just once in a while when the mood hits
and this recipe hit!!!
it's a custard cake
it's not sweet and it's tasty
and it's likely to be gone by the time Monday rolls around
it's easy to make
if you like custard you will like this
I like custard
and I haven't had anything with custard on it
or in it
and ages .....
I think custard would solve the woes of the world
if we only let it
so make a custard cake
and a cup of something warm
sit back and enjoy
spoil yourself a little bit
I'm sure you all deserve it
have a piece and think about Spring being around the corner
and the clocks going forward this weekend here in the US
more light...well not really we just fool ourselves into thinking that
here is the recipe.....
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted Butter... melted
- 2 cups (480ml) Milk...warmed to lukewarm
- 4 Eggs, separated
- 1 1/4 cups (150g) icing sugar
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) Water
- 1 cup (115g) Flour
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Vanilla Extract
- extra icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (C ??) . Lightly butter or grease a 8"x 8" baking dish
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool. Warm the milk to lukewarm and set aside.
- Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar until light. Mix in the melted butter and the tablespoon of water for about 2 minutes or until very well mixed.
- Mix in the flour well. Slowly beat in the milk and vanilla extract until everything is well mixed. (This batter is very thin, so mix carefully or you will be splattered!!!!)
- Fold in the egg whites, 1/3 at a time. Repeat until all the egg whites are folded in.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-60 minutes or until the top is golden. Allow cake to completely cool before cutting and then dust with icing sugar.
peace and yumminess to all