Thursday, January 31, 2013

quick hi...

 
this was a couple of days ago
the lake froze over and they sat and stood and stared
(there were more of them but I couldn't fit them all in!!)
wandering about in the freezing cold
one morning they all took off in different directions straight into all the bad weather
they came back and left again
then the temperatures went up
way up
and the lake melted and they weren't here to enjoy it
yesterday it went to 71F ( about 20C)
and then we had a storm roll through
the bad one that left so much destruction behind it
and it's back down to the cold again
the wind is blowing and the lake is choppy
and the birds
are gone



 
 
last trip to the store I brought home a bit of Spring
lots of colour
and the smell of cat pee
they need to change the water more often!!!
which I do do
can't stand stinky fleurs....
they have lasted a long time
 
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>






yes I'm still at the tatting thing
trying the different size needles and thread
not that I have much thread
I won't bore you with it all
but it's interesting and different
and I like it
so
why not....
 
: ]
 
the reading is going slowly
I'm reading Alexander McCall Smith
in his various guises
and have started a new set of books
I don't know the characters so it feels strange to read them
if you know what I mean
and I hope you do or this sounds
weird
 
I love his books
and have them all
or nearly all
so I'll get used to these new stories and have them done in no time
then it will be time to get some more
 
:}
 
love new books
 
do you like to read
and if so
what???
 
 
well... :/
stay warm or cool or dry
stay safe
 
and
we'll meet again
..........................
don't know where don't know when
 
 
but I know we'll meet again some
 (hopefully)
sunny
daaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
 
 
 
 
:}
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Please, bore me with it all! :) Your tatting has made me curious enough to think that I would give it a try. It looks like fun. Some weird weather over there, from freezing to 20 C? You must be living in an exotic part of the world! :) Keep tatting, and keep posting. I am right here, looking and reading! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me, lillies always smell like cat pee when they start to wilt. Yuck! And around here, you can hardly get a bouquet without them. Your tatting is so beautiful. Sounds like your weather is constantly changing. We had beautiful blue skies yesterday and perfect walking weather but today the sky is murky. Looks like there is dust way up high. Hope you have a good weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete