Thursday, June 7, 2012

mystery stitches...

 don't you love a little mystery
I do


left me a comment about id-ing this stitch
apparently someone
suggested she ask me (as I'm so good at it)
HUH!!??


first let's just all sit and stare at this beauty for a bit and remember back to those days
tiny and soft and they smell so good
most of the time
what an angel and if ANYONE knows WHO this picture belongs to
please let us know
I copied it from Petunia Pills blog so I could turn it and zoom in on it
well I guessed it was single crochet on a big hook with doubled yarn
close but no cigar senor!!!
Poor Annette (Petunia) deleted her post and lost the photo and the comments
so I sent the photo back to her this morning
it was the least I could do
but I am not giving up on the stitch




so I'm still trying and I think I'm closer with the
half double crochet




but I'm having trouble with keeping an even tension


using a huge hook is fiddly when you aren't used to it 



and the fact that I stupidly stretched it all apart doesn't help
but I'll keep trying and hope the photo is ID'd and the stitch is too
'coz I don't like not knowing

I had a friend once who used to bring me all her
twisted and tangled gold chain necklaces
and she had the finest of fine chains
'coz I have the patience and preference for untangling things
I like undoing and un-knotting
that I have the patience for
other things
not so much..... :}

so if you have an opinion or a guess as to what this stitch may be
leave a comment here or over at 
she'll appreciate it I know
and "T"
thanks for the mystery to solve
my brain needs a bit of a work out!!!!

:}








7 comments:

  1. Hi Marilyn, I sent you a couple of emails this morning - not sure you received them. Your guess of sc and ch1 is...I believe...exactly right! (That's what my email this morning had told you I'd come up with.) And I do know now where the photo is from (that's why I removed it). I don't want anyone mad at me! You're so sweet to reach out to everyone for help! It was YOUR help that led me in the right direction! Hugs, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL The pond? You mean the big A pond? :D I think I know who you're talking about... was I right or what?! :D
    You are fantastic at figuring out these different stitches and make the prettiest things--I haven't forgotten that pretty shawl you were making with the waves...
    Did you see what I left for you at the big board? I thought they had your name on them :)
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I love your blue hydrangea! Mine are all pink...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh love you do beautiful work. No wonder someone is referring you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! World famous figuring things out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pink Q hook! It looks like you have uncovered the mystery stitch. It looks very much like it, you're such an expert at figuring things out. Have a great weekend sweety! :']

    ReplyDelete
  7. dropped by from T's blog. I do believe that is a "V" stitch. your blog is lovely, I'll be back :-)

    ReplyDelete