Saturday, June 16, 2012

a change of needles...


I absolutely know that you will understand
I feel the need to put down these



pick up these to make these



I suddenly need to make
hexagons
not yarn ones
but
fabric ones




for no particular reason other than
it takes my fancy!!!!!



I will get back to the yarn
but I need to put it away for now
COZ IT'S DRIVING ME
CRAZY!!!



and I know you understand that too!!!



so after a little play around yesterday figuring out how to do it the old fashioned way
I made some paper hex's
and this morning
as I got up nice and early


and after my coffee and an episode of 
the Vicar of Dibley !!!!!
I cut a couple of cardboard templates and
off I went




fun fun fun


and I have been collecting little stashes of fabric
one fat quarter collection
at a time
and I have a pile
as you can see
so I'll be hexing for a while


what are you doing???



7 comments:

  1. Crochet, knitting, stitching. You are certainly multi-talented. Those hexies are perfectly perfect. What are you gonna make? Whatever it is, looks great so far. Have a wonderful weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking a break from crochet yoyos. I'm finishing off some WIPs and then I'll be sewing too. I plan to make a rag doll.
    Love the colours in the fabric. Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am knitting a tea cosy(quick; to be decorated with flowers), playing with my new flower loom(addictive!), crocheting a drawstring bag(for a friend- also to be decorated with my loom flowers), and knitting a waistcoat(boring, but needed). So, a change of needles often occurs here too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally understand! Lovely fabircs you have there in your stash - yum! I'm online shopping for beads right now so I can experiment with beaded bracelets but also thinking about getting a crochet or knit project on the needles.... just haven't decided which one yet:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hexis and the fabric chosen for them.

    Crocheting circle scarves here. Kind of obsessively really.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can make anything you like :)
    im not doing anything ,but was thinking about finishing a sweater i have waiting ,but i just cant find time or energy to get to it .
    Oh well later baby later

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still working on knitted elephant! Just lined his ears and need to make pads for his feet. Found some fabric with baby elephants on for these embelishments! Then I need to try and knit a jumper for Mr Self, so I will probably go very quiet!

    ReplyDelete